In-Person Training for Healthcare Professionals
This four hour training for healthcare professionals was developed by Familias en Acción, an agency that delivers culturally speci c training for health professionals and health education for the Latino community. This short, four module course gives participants an important grounding in culturally sensitive issues that can arise in interactions with patients and families with low health literacy. The result will help you and your organization better serve your Latino patients and their families with serious illnesses, leading to improved health outcomes. The training is available both in-person and online. Choose the training modality that works best for you as an individual or with your care team.
(4 CE Hours Available)
- Strategies for building patient engagement
- Culturally appropriate chronic disease management
- Integrating community health workers and patient navigators into care coordination
- Didactic and interactive training with group discussion of case studies
- Continuing Education Hours available
- Module 1: Latinos and Care
- Module 2: Building a Cross Cultural Relationship
- Module 3: Patient Centered Care for your Latino Patients
- Module 4: Difficult Discussions with your Latino Patients
Share this training opportunity with your colleagues: Cultural Competence Training – 4 Hour In Person
To register for this course or to gather more information, please contact: Gail Brownmiller at 503-201-9865 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Training Dates:
Check back soon!