Familias en Acción provides navigation and support to Latino clients that have chronic illnesses. We are currently accepting a limited number of referrals for this program. Funding is provided through The Oregon Community Health Workers Association (ORCHWA).
Who should you refer to Familias en Acción?
Latino clients with chronic illnesses who need help to manage:
- Diabetes or Pre-diabetes
- ESRD (Pre and Post Transplant patients)
- High Blood pressure
- Clients who have trouble using medications properly
- Clients who need help accessing social services
- Clients who live in Multnomah, Clackamas or Washington Counties
Benefits for clients and providers:
- Increased understanding of the illness and compliance with physician instructions
- Improved understanding of medications and adherence to schedules
- Empowerment of clients to manage their illness
- Increased access to social services to stabilize the client
- Increased nutrition classes (in Spanish) for healthier lifestyles
- Potential for reduced ER and medical costs
How do you make a referral?
Contact Adam Merecias, Patient Navigator:
- Phone: 503-939-7622
- Email: email@example.com
Download: Referral Form
Fax the referral form to 503.200.2976
From 2012 – 2014, our Oregon Medical Insurance Pool clients saved the provider 62% on outpatient, inpatient and ER costs for the clients in the program.
To see a report on the 62% savings due to our work with Oregon Medical Insurance Pool clients, see the OMIP Report.