Patient Navigator Program
Familias en Acción provides navigation and support to Latino clients that have chronic illnesses. We are currently accepting a limited number of referrals for this program. Funding is provided through The Oregon Community Health Workers Association (ORCHWA).
Who should you refer to Familias en Acción?
Latino clients with chronic illnesses who need help to manage:
- Diabetes or Pre-diabetes
- ESRD (Pre and Post Transplant patients)
- High Blood pressure
- Clients who have trouble using medications properly
- Clients who need help accesing social services
- Clients who live in Multnomah, Clackamas or Washington Counties
Benefits for clients and providers:
- Increased understanding of the illness and compliance with physician instructions
- Improved understanding of medications and adherence to schedules
- Empowerment of clients to manage their illness
- Increased access to social services to stabilize the client
- Increased nutrition classes (in Spanish) for healthier lifestyles
- Potential for reduced ER and medical costs
How do you make a referral?
Contact Adam Merecias, Patient Navigator:
- Phone: 503-939-7622
- Email: email@example.com
Download: Referral Form
Fax the referral form to 503.200.2976
Familias en Acción offers a monthly Spanish speaking support group for survivors at any stage of cancer. This group offers camaraderie, compassion and encouragement among participants, and it is based on a family centered support service. Each month participants can share and learn about different pressing issues in their lives and participate in peer based support and enjoy of activities taught by health experts like yoga, meditation, and nutrition.