Executive Director Job Announcement – February 2018
- Position Name: Executive Director
- Classification: Exempt (1.0 FTE)
- Pay rate: $58,000 – $68,000 annually plus fully paid dental and health insurance, vacation time, sick leave, 401K, flexible scheduling.
Familias en Acción is seeking a permanent Executive Director to continue the growth and expansion of the health navigation and education services provided to Latino families and culturally responsive services for healthcare providers. This opportunity comes at an exciting time as Familias is launching its new Food Equity for Healthy Latino Families curriculum to reduce the risk of chronic diseases. It is also has new contracts with Oregon Community Health Workers Association (ORCHWA) and Project Access NOW to provide navigation services.
Familias en Acción provides hope, compassion and excellent services to Latinos in the metro area. We are seeking someone who understands the issues of health equity and will lead our team to grow the programs and increase our impact to advance equity!
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ability to collaborate with program participants, staff, and stakeholders of varying cultural backgrounds
- Minimum five years of increasingly responsible leadership experience with at least three years that have been in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Master’s degree or significant work experience in organizational management, fundraising, financial management, etc.
- Strong communication skills, oral, and written (required bilingual in Spanish/English), and ability to relate to the multifaceted aspects of multiculturalism, immigration, and institutional and systemic barriers to care.
- Ability to effectively manage change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated flexibility in managing programs
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and data entry skills
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your application as three separate attachments, in PDF format to email@example.com and include:
- Your resume;
- A cover letter addressing: your experience with nonprofit management and leadership, including long-term strategic planning; your experience with budgeting and fiscal oversight; your experience with fundraising; your experience with sharing power; and why you are committed to health equity for Latinos;
- Your written responses to all the following questions. Answer one of the questions of your choice in Spanish. Please limit your responses to 250 words per question.
- If selected for this position, how would you go about learning about the organization?
- How would you balance the day-to-day duties with big picture work of the organization?
- What would be your strategy to build relationships with:
- Organizational Partners
- Health Systems
- What does health equity mean to you? How do community health workers and/or patient navigators fit in that role?
- What is your experience in creating a fundraising strategy? Give an example of a successful fundraising campaign.
- What does success look like for Familias en Acción?
The Search Committee will review applications in March and begin scheduling interviews soon after.
The position will remain open until filled.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org