Join us for our 2015 Latino Health Equity Conference!
June 18, 2015
Who should attend the conference?
- Community members and representatives from community organizations
- Health professionals
- Educators and researchers
- Local and national health organizations
- City, county and state personnel
- Public health practitioners
PublicHealth.org has recently published a summary report of the state of cancer in America, including information on measures people can take to protect themselves and their families from preventable cancers.
It is predicted that by 2030, cancer will surpass heart disease as the leading cause of death in America. Although recent studies suggest that many cancers are simply a result of bad luck, there's no doubt that lifestyle choices, such as smoking and obesity, contribute directly to rising cancer rates. While messaging can be difficult, educating the public about preventable cancers is critical in the fight against this devastating disease.